Thank you for your interest in adopting a cat from BCAC!
The decision to adopt is an important one. In order to ensure that you and your pet will be happy for years to come, please complete our adoption survey to determine what type of cat best matches you and your lifestyle. Once we receive your adoption survey, we will contact you at our earliest convenience.
What care has been provided to the cats?
Our cats receive several medical services to make them adoption ready for you, including the following:
- They have been fostered for at least 2 weeks to allow ample observation time for illness, temperament, and to socialize the cat.
- They have tested negative for FIV and feline leukemia.
- They are provided de-wormer (and antibiotics if needed for illness).
- They are given the required feline distemper and rabies vaccines.
- They are micro-chipped for safety.
- And, because BCAC is a no-kill group, all cats are spayed/neutered before arriving.
|Free Cat VS. Adoption||Free||Adoption|
|Price for pet
Feline Leukemia/FIV test
*costs vary depending on veterinarian
**must be 4+ months for rabies vaccine
What is the adoption process?
Fill out a digital adoption survey. It will expedite the process for you if you fill it out once you begin considering a cat, even if you don’t know which cat, yet. Once you have completed your adoption survey, a BCAC volunteer will contact you via email. Please be patient and kind to our BCAC volunteer superheroes. They work really hard and try their best to respond to applications within 48 hours, but that is not always possible.
If you are interested in a cat at Papa’s Cat Café, you must visit the café to meet the cat(s). BCAC will not approve the adoption of any café cat unless the adopter has met the cat in its home environment at the café. Adoptions always go to the “best fit home,” not the order submitted. BCAC has final determination on all adoption approvals, and if they feel the cat you would like is not the best fit, they will work to help you find the feline who best matches your needs. Remember, it’s about helping connect people and cats – we want you to find a fantastic feline, and we want the cats to live long and happy lives, too.
Once your survey is approved and you are matched with the “best fit” cat, BCAC will arrange your adoption. Approved adoptions usually take place Friday – Sunday at PetSmart. Times will be arranged between you and the BCAC volunteer.
What do I bring with me on adoption day?
- Most important is a cat carrier! You may not leave the adoption site without one.
- Bring cash/credit card to pay adoption fee ($80 or $120 for 2 cats).
- Prepare your home for a cat by acquiring essentials: cat food, food/water dishes, litter box, litter, flea treatment, cat brush, nail trimmers, scratcher toys, etc. Adopters often ask what food and litter we provide at the cafe so they can be consistent when the cat goes home. Purina One is used in foster homes. Cats at Papa’s Cat Cafe are fed Purina One Tender Selects and use World’s Best Cat Litter in lavender scent.
- Call a veterinarian to establish care for your cat.
A NEW way to adopt!
Check out some of our cats living at Papa’s Cat Cafe! It’s a small coffee shop on one side, and on the other side they foster 20 cats from BCAC! A cat cafe allows you to meet a cat in a more natural environment to ensure it’s the best fit possible. Come meet the cats at Papa’s or request to set up a “date” with one of our other cats to take place at the cafe.